The 15,000 m² former cattle auction hall was redeveloped substantially on behalf of Caroline Elleke from 2008 to 2010. The building, as one part of a former slaughterhouse, was used to examine and sell cattle. By the time of the installation (1877-1881), the hall was one of the biggest indoor iron constructions of Berlin.

During the refurbishment, a big effort was put in the specific features of the hall as the ceiling height, the steel structure of the roof and the cast-iron columns. After completion in 2010, the bicycle center Stadler moved in and thereby made this impressive industrial monument available to the public.


Project details



Acquisition, allocation,
project development,
project management


Development and construction period

2008 to 2010


Project volume

appx. € 20,0M



appx. 15.000 m² net area